Friday, March 21, 2008

Thrid question

What kind of music do you like? What is your favorite music?

I love music and enjoy listening to various world music out of American or standardized western culture. When I was young, my elder sisters always listened to English pop song and Father always listened to western classical music, so I'm tired of them. I still like western classical music, but I don't usually enjoy it.
Instead, I started to listened to North and South native American's music. These days I listen to Arabic music from Morocco and latin American music such as Tango and Neuevo cansonts.
One of my favorite songs is Gracia a la vie sung by Mercedes Sosa. That means, "Thanks to being alive." She's from Argentina which had suffered from terrible dictatorship. She sang for her people who survived from the hardship to console them. It's really touching.

5 comments:

Eric said...

^^Hi, lovely Eun-ju.
I like person who really loves Music. Yeah, Music has truly wonderful power to comfort our weary mind and gives us marvelous energy to stand up again. In my case, my favorite songs are Kim Kwang-suk's music. Of course, I like many music of various type such as PoP, new-age musik, classical music and so on. But, most of all, I like his sincere message including philosophy of our general life. I believe that good song must have strong message touching our deep mind. If you give me time to sing his song some day, I'll be willing to sing for you happily. ^^*

Nature- Jayeon Kim said...

Eun-ju~!!
The music that you let us listen to in Nicole's class is one of my favorites. I'm not good at music but I enjoy old musics with voices. I'd like you to recommend me beautiful ones. My favorite songs are Nana Mouskouri's Donde Voy and Elcondopasa. These are old songs. Anyway nextweek I hope you lend me your music CD for a copy.

Nicole said...

Hi Eun ju,

Your love of music is very inspiring. If you have time, you might want to check out this National Gegraphic world music site.
http://worldmusic.nationalgeographic.com/worldmusic/view/page.basic/home

They have a lot of great artists there.

Jessica said...

Hi, Eun-ju~~
I like you who always say planly and merrily about everything.
Thank you that You are willing to accept as a Director for our skit performance today. I really believe you'll do well...
I like all sorts of musics. classic music, pop song,trditional music,Jazz, semi-classic and so on. Because A person who love music is a person who has a warm heart...

PAUL said...

I like old pop song, somtimes I
sing a song with my wife at a singing room for two hours.